Health & Safety
Welcome Back to ComplexCon!
Ensuring ComplexCon is a fun, equitable and safe experience is our top priority. As part of this commitment, we’ve taken proactive steps and have implemented new guidelines and policies outlined below. Every attendee — including fans, exhibitors, panelists, media, influencers, Safety Ambassadors, and show staff — are expected to comply.
Additional details about our policies and procedures, and any relevant updates to safety standards by the state of California or CDC, will be posted here, and shared with you via email by subscribing here, as they’re made available.
We hope to see you in Long Beach this November!
Vaccine/Negative Testing Verification
In accordance with state and local guidelines and public health guidance, everyone will need to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test to enter ComplexCon. For unvaccinated attendees – antigen COVID-19 tests must be taken within six hours of the event start time, and PCR COVID-19 tests must be taken within 72 hours of each day of entry to the event.
Everyone is required to wear an approved face covering while attending ComplexCon. Masks must cover your nose and mouth, and fit securely under your chin and the sides of your face. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Increased Sanitization and Hygiene
ComplexCon is working closely with the venue on comprehensive health, safety and sanitization standards. Furthemore, it is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, such as washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. We are closely following the Long Beach Convention Center’s evolving reopening plan based on CDC, governmental and industry best practices.
Follow All Signage and Direction from Staff
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event. Please follow all signage and direction from all staff, including our Safety Ambassadors.
Follow the Code of Conduct.
Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow attendees so that everyone can enjoy their time at ComplexCon.
ComplexCon management and partners are committed to upholding evolving health & safety standards in accordance with state and local guidance. Additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available.
Thank you for your cooperation; we can’t wait to see you!
Health & Safety Acknowledgement
Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to California. Visit Travel - Coronavirus COVID-19 Response (ca.gov) for more information on California’s travel advisories.
Please be advised that the risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including ComplexCon. Prior to purchasing a ticket/badge for and attending ComplexCon, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention.
By attending ComplexCon, you acknowledge this inherent risk on behalf of yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian, and, as a condition of entering ComplexCon, you acknowledge, understand, and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian will abide by all ComplexCon health-and-safety requirements;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Prior to attending ComplexCon you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine;
- You and/or any Minor for which you serve as a Guardian are not under any self-quarantine orders; and
- That, in accordance with California requirements, proof of full vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test on behalf of yourself and any Minor for which you serve as Guardian will be required for entry to ComplexCon.
For purposes of this acknowledgment, a “Minor” means any individual who is under eighteen (18) years of age or has not reached the age of majority as defined by such individual’s jurisdiction of residence, and a “Guardian” means such Minor’s parent or legal guardian or other individual attending ComplexCon who is over the age of eighteen (18) and acting in loco parentis for such Minor.
Please do not enter ComplexCon or the Long Beach Convention Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at ComplexCon you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the Long Beach Convention Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information, and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the attendee refund policy if I am unable to attend due to COVID-19?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer badge/ticket refunds. Please ensure you are free from COVID-19 symptoms prior to traveling.
- What is the refund policy in the event of a ComplexCon cancellation?
- While we’re actively planning for an unforgettable ComplexCon reunion this November, we will always prioritize health and safety above all else. In the event of a cancelation due to COVID-19, ComplexCon 2021 ticket-holders will have the option to transfer their tickets to the next scheduled ComplexCon or receive a refund.
- Am I required to wear a face-covering at ComplexCon?
- Everyone attending ComplexCon is required to wear an approved face covering. Additional details and guidelines on acceptable face coverings can be found here.
- What if I am unable to wear an approved face-covering due to a disability?
- Approved face coverings are required to be worn by all attendees. To request accommodation or for additional questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What additional health and safety measures are in place at ComplexCon?
- ComplexCon show management partners closely with the venues, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These include:
- Strict compliance with code of conduct (including signage and staff guidance)
- Retention of exhibitor and attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Increased sanitization and hygiene - trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency
- Designated entrance and exit points to the event floor
- Directional and distance markings
- Increased staff and security to provide the best customer service and information accessibility
- How are the health and safety measures at ComplexCon being enforced?
- Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement above). ComplexCon will have specially designated Safety Ambassadors available to ensure all guidelines are being followed.
- What additional security measures and policies are in effect at ComplexCon?
- ComplexCon expects everyone attending ComplexCon to adhere to our various policies, including anti-harassment, security screening, and more.
- I’m exhibiting at ComplexCon – what best practices and recommendations should I follow?
- ComplexCon has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors.
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout
- Hand Sanitizer: It is required that exhibitors have an adequate supply of alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol in booths at all times. There will also be hand sanitizer stations located throughout the show floor.
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Consider implementing transparent dividers in areas where people may be in close contact
- Reduce Contact: When possible, it is recommended that exhibitors offer touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate
- What if I have additional questions?
- If you’d like to contact us directly, please email us at email@example.com